Laminate flooring is extremely hygienic and easy to keep clean. Here are our recommendations to keep your laminate floor looking beautiful for many years.
- Routine cleaning requires just vacuuming, dusting with a clean, dry cloth, or a damp mop to prevent loose dirt or grit from scratching your floor's finish.
- Use non-staining walk-off mats by the entrance of all outside doorways.
- Use a damp mop to remove footmarks and most stubborn dirt. Always be sure that your mop has been thoroughly wrung out. Never wet mop, or use excessive amounts of water on your the laminate floor.
- Never use scouring substances, abrasive cleaners, paste waxes or any floor polishes on your laminate floor.
- Marks and stubborn stains can easily be removed with Acetone™ nail polish remover or other mild, solvents containing alcohol.
- Felt pads should be affixed to the base of all furniture legs and drip trays should be placed underneath any planted pots. Movable furniture should be fitted with wide, rubber rollers.
- The use of "soap-free" cleaners on a regular basis is all you need to do to keep your floor looking beautiful for many years.
- Hardened glue left over after your floor is installed can be removed with Acetone™ nail polish remover or special glue solvents.